THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Ambitious accounting professionals join us for the stable, challenging team atmosphere and for the opportunity to learn and develop their careers. With just over 100 employees, we offer high visibility, low bureaucracy, a familiar work environment and a focus on personal and professional development.
Quabbin Wire & Cable Co., Inc. is a high-quality manufacturer of electronic cables for numerous industrial, commercial, audio/visual and other electronic applications. With a reputation for solutions-based engineering and a quality system certified to ISO 9001:2015, Quabbin continually earns trust and respect from its partners in the wire and cable market.
Reporting to the Controller, performs manufacturing cost and general ledger accounting within a small team environment.
1. Work with production and engineering departments to gather, analyze, and interpret work order and product costing information.
2. Validate product costing data/financial data for accuracy and completeness.
3. Review, verify and report variances of actual to standard cost.
4. Enter financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger on a monthly basis.
5. Prepare monthly inventory analyses related to month end valuation, unit production costs, product selling prices, and margins.
6. Prepare and assist in completion of monthly financial close.
7. Develop and prepare yearly budgets, related to capacity utilization, departmental spending, machine rates, and more.
8. Perform ongoing changes and modifications to job costing application.
9. Maintain fix asset subsidiary ledger, prepare monthly depreciation entries and complies with year-end book and tax totals.
10. Assist in preparation of monthly account analysis necessary to compile financial statements and yearend work papers relating to annual audit.
11. Reconcile accounts within the general ledger.
12. Complete special and frequent projects and reports as requested by the Controller and other management personnel.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
2. 2 or more years of experience performing general accounting in a corporation.
3. 2 or more years of experience performing cost accounting functions is preferred.
4. Strong MS Excel experience desired.
5. Proficient in accounting systems.
6. Experience in manufacturing desired.
7. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Literacy in English
THIS IS AN ONSITE POSITION REQUIRING AT LEAST 40 HOURS PER WEEK
We conduct employment testing, reference checks, and drug screening (except cannabis) for all new hires.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid vacation/sick/personal/holidays, 401(k), excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, employee discounts, and more. We enjoy foodie days, wellness events, family days, and celebrations large and small.
CONNECT WITH US! If you meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply. We look forward to hearing from you! Please include an email or cover letter to provide more details about you, your reason for applying and your career goals.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.