Interfaces with Quality, Manufacturing and Maintenance teams to continually improve production processes. Provides technical assistance and troubleshooting on the factory floor and maintains accurate process documentation. Monitors work in process as required to ensure that product and process performance goals are met.
- Performs visual inspection and monitoring of production processes to confirm that parameters critical to product performance are met.
- Assists with projects for continual improvement of processes.
- Works with Maintenance on process modifications for new and existing products.
- Assists with process troubleshooting and corrective actions.
- Designs and builds mechanical test fixtures for cable development and testing.
- Performs verification of process start-ups.
- Assists with process qualifications.
- Assists in the sourcing and installation of peripheral process equipment.
- Performs electrical and mechanical tests on materials as needed for process improvement initiatives and as backup to quality assurance personnel.
- Provides data collection and analysis.
- Inspects incoming raw materials for prototype runs as required.
- Assists in preparation and maintenance of engineering and quality-related documentation.
- Assists in training key operations personnel and trainers in new products/processes.
- Assists in maintenance of monitoring equipment.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in technical manufacturing or engineering
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Solid math skills and aptitude
- Effective interpersonal communication ability (email, instructions, questioning, training etc.)
- Good computer skills or aptitude; familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and CAD software
- Effective documentation and writing skills
- Strong work ethic; ability to maintain high productivity with limited supervision
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Familiarity with root cause analysis and problem-solving tools
- Research experience; accessing, compiling and prioritizing data to solve problems
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principles and ISO 9000 standards
- Experience with statistics and statistical process control is a plus
- Wire and cable experience is a plus.
- Engineering/Technical course work (college level) is desirable.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
This is a full-time, on-site position; standard hours are 7 am – 5 pm Monday - Friday.
We conduct employment testing, reference checks and drug screening for all new hires.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid time off (vacation/sick/personal/holidays), 401(k), excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, employee discounts and more. We enjoy foodie days, wellness events, financial literacy programs, family days, and service awards.
Please include a cover letter that tells us something more about you and your career goals.
CONNECT WITH US! If you meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply.