Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Materials Manager leads a team of 3 direct and 6 indirect staff members. Responsibilities are numerous and varied, including:
- Manages the production scheduling, logistics, purchasing and inventory functions.
- Oversees material procurement, production planning, scheduling of material flow in the production process and inventory control of raw, in-process and finished goods materials.
- Responsible for proactively maintaining customer service levels, inventory levels, scheduling efficiency, and inventory accuracy.
- Pursues competitive advantage through continual improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Represents Quabbin Wire & Cable to suppliers; maintains appropriate company image and relationships.
- Ensures optimal planning and utilization of plant equipment to accomplish the workload.
- Drives on-time delivery metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Business or related field
- Minimum 5 years in production scheduling, purchasing, inventory control and logistics
- Substantial experience implementing and managing ERP/MRP systems
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to facilitate team problem-solving
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading and coaching a cohesive team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated skill at cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent work habits and reliability
- Lean Manufacturing and ISO 9000 experience
THIS IS AN ONSITE POSITION REQUIRING AT LEAST 40 HOURS PER WEEK
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid vacation/sick/personal/holidays, 401(k) with company match, excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account and more!
We conduct pre-employment testing, reference checks and pre-placement physical/drug-screening.
*Must have received or be willing to receive the Covid-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered.
Apply online at the link below or by mail to Quabbin Wire & Cable Co., Inc. 10 Maple Street, Ware MA 01082.
CONNECT WITH US! If you meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply.