We seek a dependable team member to perform a variety of tasks to improve the reliability and uptime of industrial electrical and mechanical equipment and systems. The Maintenance Technician performs troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and installations of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and plumbing equipment and machinery, as well as, fabricates and modifies parts in accordance with blueprints, drawings, plans and schematics according to a set schedule and in an emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Installs, diagnoses, repairs and maintains electro/mechanical systems, equipment and processes.
- Sources and procures replacement parts using computer and phone.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical prints and diagrams.
- Performs general preventive maintenance practices.
- Interacts with vendors and outside service providers.
- Maintains tools, equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Day shift position, Mon-Fri with some overtime and occasional weekend/call-in work. We offer skills training and a competitive pay and benefits package, including paid vacation/sick/personal/holidays, 401(k) with company match, excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account and more!
- HS diploma/GED
- Excellent mechanical electrical and electronics aptitude
- Computer proficiency and a desire to learn advanced skills
- Previous experience in electrical, electronic or electro-mechanical troubleshooting and repair in an industrial setting is required.
We conduct pre-employment testing, reference checks and pre-placement physical/drug-screening.
*Must have received or be willing to receive the Covid-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered.
Apply online at the link below or by mail to Quabbin Wire & Cable Co., Inc. 10 Maple Street, Ware MA 01082.
CONNECT WITH US! If you meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply.