Manage quality department staff and provide leadership to the organization in all aspects of Quality Assurance. Lead the corporate quality agenda and use advanced knowledge of quality tools and disciplines, plus strong interpersonal and management skills, to lead collaborative/cross-functional problem-solving, project management and continual improvement of the quality management system. Position reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
Essential Functions (not all-inclusive)
- Coach, develop and manage Quality Assurance department staff members; ensure efficient and effective departmental workflow as well as strong collaboration, direction and teamwork.
- Lead the Quality agenda within the organization. Serve as educator, trainer and project manager for quality initiatives. Share discovered quality related issues and best practices across departments.
- Lead continual improvement initiatives; facilitate interdisciplinary teams that develop and implement policies, standards and systems related to improving quality.
- Maintain ISO compliant, cohesive quality management system and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of subsystems to ensure fulfillment of customer expectations and company goals.
- Compile, analyze and manage quality related data; champion data analysis practices and feedback throughout the Company.
- Ensure product quality planning. Work with design and process engineering on the design, development and processing of new products.
- Make high level decisions regarding measurement, testing and inspection methodologies and protocols.
- Travel as needed to customer or supplier sites to ensure attainment of quality standards throughout the supply chain.
- Work with executive team to establish quality goals; lead regular department and management review meetings.
- Develop and manage budget for all QA equipment, projects and department expenditures.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and customer requirements.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Other Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, Science, Industrial Technology, Operations Management or Business
- At least 5 years in quality management roles in a process-oriented, high volume manufacturing environment
- At least 3 years direct staff management and coaching experience
- Substantial experience as internal facilitator using root cause analysis and problem-solving tools
- ISO-9001 2015 experience
- Working knowledge of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Good organizational, project and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong social/emotional IQ
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and technical writing (English)
- Demonstrated success in leading teams of problem solvers with a balance of reactive and proactive quality efforts
- Ability to travel as needed to customer and supplier locations
- Wire & cable or closely related industry experience is desirable
- CMQ/OE, CQE, Lean or Six Sigma certification is desirable
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid vacation/sick/personal/holidays, 401(k) with company match, excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, employee discounts and more. We hold wellness events, financial literacy programs, family days and awards ceremonies for our loyal employees.
CONNECT WITH US! If you meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply. Please include a cover letter that tells us something more about you and your career goals. We look forward to hearing from you! E.O.E.