Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor coordinates all production functions and is accountable for personnel, process operation, quality, productivity and safety of the production process.
- Works hands-on with Production team in adjacent factories to ensure standardized operation of machinery and equipment to maintain a consistent workflow and on-time deliveries.
- Coordinates daily activity and assignments of Production team; completes related documentation.
- Monitors performance, mentors and provides training to production personnel.
- Creates and maintains a positive and engaged working department that values safety, improvement, participation, quality, and achieving goals; recognizes individuals for achievement and coaches them to succeed.
- Assures production-readiness of all equipment to maintain maximum up-time.
- Coordinates production with other functions (scheduling, engineering and maintenance).
- Promotes safety consciousness, establish an orderly work area in production and performs routine safety audits.
- Performs special projects and other assignments as needed.
Job qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates/Technical degree preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes in wire & cable or similar industry
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience in industrial setting
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word)
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional judgment, excellent communication skills; diplomacy and tact
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others and work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work varying shifts, depending on the current operational needs; some Saturdays required.
Physical demands include:
- 12-hours shifts in factory setting; 55-60 hours per week
- Frequent walking indoors and outdoors
- Visual acuity and color distinction
- Lifting up to 60 lbs.; occasionally rolling/maneuvering reels approximately 400 lbs
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid vacation/sick/personal/holidays, 401(k) with company match, excellent medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account and more!
CONNECT WITH US! If you meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply.