The Electro/Mechanical Technician is a member of the Maintenance team and performs troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and installations of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and plumbing equipment and machinery, as well as, fabricates and modifies parts in accordance with blueprints, drawings, plans and schematics according to a set schedule and in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Installs, diagnoses, repairs and maintains electro/mechanical systems, equipment and processes.
- Sources and procures replacement parts using computer and phone.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical prints and diagrams.
- Performs general preventive maintenance practices.
- Interacts with vendors and outside service providers.
- Maintains tools, equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Completes a variety of projects and assignments in multiple maintenance disciplines.
- Collects, analyzes and reports predictive maintenance data.
- Completes documentation as needed.
- Performs a wide range of essential duties requiring heavy lifting, awkward work positions, climbing ladders and frequent movement both within and outside multi-floor buildings.
- Covers off-shift calls as needed.
- Attends work regularly and reliably.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Military training or technical school preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment.
- Strong computer skills including PC based operation systems, PLC system architecture installation and diagnosis, and board level/system level debugging skills.PLC programming a plus.
- Experience with installing, diagnosing and repairing AC/DC variable speed drives.
- Basic machine and component wiring and troubleshooting experience.
- Machining and fabrication skills a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a changing work routine.
Work schedule is: Dayshift TBD (Flexibility is required).
Quabbin Wire & Cable Co., Inc. is a $25MM manufacturer of electronic cable products located in Ware, MA. We have a friendly, professional environment and offer opportunity to learn and develop your career.
Our compensation package includes competitive pay, paid time off, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement savings, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan and more.
Please submit cover letter, resume and pay expectations to email@example.com or apply below.
CONNECT WITH US! If you meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply.