We are searching for an exceptional contributor to help our company continue to grow. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accountant/Analyst works with a variety of internal departments to maintain key financial systems related to company operations.
- Reviews closed custom work orders for accuracy and completeness regarding material, labor, and overhead costs.
- Monitors standard costs and ensures bill of material cost accuracy, including raw material costs, labor and overhead.
- Reviews ongoing changes and modifications to standard costing and job costing software systems to insure integrity and coordination of costing applications.
- Develops and prepares variance analysis reports comparing standard to actual costs and actual results to budget.
- Prepares and enters various month-end journal entries including cost of goods sold and materials usage.
- Maintains fixed asset subsidiary ledger. Calculates depreciation schedules and disposals in accordance with GAAP. Provides book-to-tax and AMT calculations.
- Maintains capital expenditure records and prepares documents for bank reporting.
- Prepares monthly review of remote warehouse inventories and resolves discrepancies.
- Reconciles customer returns with inventory.
- Reviews and maintains costs for R&D work orders eligible for tax credits.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly account analysis necessary to compile financial statements and year-end work papers relating to annual audit.
- Assists in preparation of the annual budget as it pertains to costing and machine utilization for accurate standards of overhead.
- Serves as backup for accounts payable and accounts receivable. May have partial backup responsibilities in general ledger maintenance.
- Attends work regularly and reliably.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor and other QWC management personnel.
- Accounting degree or substantial coursework in general accounting and cost accounting theory
- One year accounting experience (internship, part-time work, etc)
- Previous experience performing cost accounting functions is desirable
- Proficiency with personal computers and accounting software; strong MS Excel skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent work habits
CONNECT WITH US! If you meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply.